"REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT" PUBLIC UNION
“Regional Development” Public Union has been established at the initiative of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation on February 12, 2016.
The activity of the organization covers the entire territory of the Republic and has regional centers in the regions.
In the Republic of Azerbaijan, every natural and legal person (except for state authorities and local self-government bodies) can be a member of the public union.
The main goal of the “Regional Development” Public Union is to contribute to the social, economic, and cultural development of society.
In order to achieve the goals of the Public Union, it performs the following tasks:
- To study the existing problems of the population in the regions in the field of science, education, health care, sports, tourism, ecology, social protection, culture, art, business development, and other areas and to establish mutual dialogue and cooperation between citizens and state and municipal bodies, to assist in expanding existing contacts and ensuring the flow of information;
- To work to strengthen the mechanism of public control;
- To support the work of relevant government agencies in the implementation of regional state programs;
- To support the creation of the necessary conditions for the exercise of the rights and freedoms of the people established by legislative acts;
- To take measures to identify talented people with special abilities in the regions and ensure their sustainable development;
- To prepare proposals in the field of environmental protection in the regions, as well as the formation and strengthening of environmental awareness and culture, to take measures in this direction together with the relevant agencies;
- To increase the outlook and practical knowledge of young people deprived of parental care, in need of special care, as well as with limited health care in the regions, to improve the educational opportunities, to support the work of ensuring active integration into society;
- To make proposals in the field of protection and development of ethnic and cultural diversity, multicultural and tolerant environment in the regions;
- To participate together with relevant agencies in the development of targeted programs serving the development of entrepreneurship and tourism in the regions and support their implementation;
- To participate in the preparation and implementation of territorial and state employment programs together with relevant agencies in the regions, to prepare proposals;
- To study, analyze and evaluate the living standards of the population in the regions, as well as to support the preparation and implementation of measures to improve the living standards of the population;
- To take measures in the direction of youth's growth in the spirit of national and moral values, traditions, and historical past, as well as to increase knowledge and information about our country and world culture in the regions;
- To formalize and develop strong human resources in the regions;
- Implements measures to educate the population in the regions independently or together with government agencies, municipalities, and public organizations;
- To cooperate with international organizations and similar bodies of foreign states in the field of activity;
- Cooperate with humanitarian, commercial, and non-profit organizations, mass media, state and municipal bodies, non-governmental organizations, local and foreign educational institutions, and other organizations;
- To initiate improvement of legislative acts if necessary;
- To carry out other duties defined by the legislation.
"Regional Development" Public Union pays special attention to the organization of work with volunteers in the implementation of the tasks set, the effective use of their potential and initiatives in the construction of civil society, socio-economic development of the regions. Everyone, especially young people, is invited to take part in the work of the Public Union in all meetings with the residents of the region.
The active participation of volunteers in local projects and national events implemented by the Public Association is ensured.
In order to increase the effectiveness of work with volunteers, as well as to support their personal development, the RDPU is implementing a sustainable “Volunteering Program” project covering a 3-month period.
Committed to the values of national-moral, statehood, patriotism, and modernity, RDPU volunteers are closely involved in solving the problems of citizens in different spheres in the regions, as well as supporting the reforms carried out by the state in the field of socio-economic development of the regions.
On October 27, 2017, the first conference of the “Regional Development” Public Union (RDPU) was held.
The regional centers of the “Regional Development” Public Union of Daghlig Shirvan, Guba-Khachmaz, Lankaran, Aran 1, Aran 2, Sheki-Zagatala, Ganca-Gazakh, and upper Garabagh are functioning.