THE END OF THE CONFLICT
The aggressive policy of Armenia against Azerbaijan over the 30 years and Armenia`s unconstructive position towards conflict resolution made it impossible to end the issue in peaceful ways.
Although Azerbaijan exerts peaceful efforts, Armenia with its destructive policy prevented the gradual settlement of the issue, corrupted the negotiation process with political and military provocations, continued the process of invasion of the territories of Azerbaijan, and tried to achieve war purposes.
Armenian administration undermined the negotiation process with its offensive policy in the last few years. The Armenian government also made statements against the essence and content of the negotiations of the Nagorno-Karabakh,
later presented inadmissible suggestions, such as alteration of the format, the involvement of the separatist regime in the negotiation process. By acting so, Armenia with its unacceptable proposals made the future negotiation process doubtful. After that Armenia`s “Karabakh is Armenia” speech, specification of 7 conditions against Azerbaijan, “New War for New Territories” conception, separatist regime`s inauguration ceremony in Susha, assault against Azerbaijan in July 2020 in the direction of Tovuz region, the settlement of Lebanese Armenians to the occupied territories proved that there is no meaning of the continuation of the further negotiation process.
Armenia`s another provocation in the direction of Goranboy district, the beginning of the establishment of voluntary military units made a new battle definitely inevitable.
With the Armenian Armed Forces' provocations against Azerbaijan on September 27, 2020, a new history was written for Azerbaijan as a result of counter-attack operations of the Azerbaijan army.
After the Armenian Armed Forces` provocation in the borderline, according to the President of Ilham Aliyev`s notice, Azerbijan began to punish the enemy by military means.
Over the ongoing counter-attack operations, several strategic heights, Sugovushan town and Talysh village of Tartar, Jabrayil district, Hadrut town, Fuzuli district, Zangilan district, Gubadli district, and finally Shusha city liberated from invasion.
44 days of war resulted in the absolute victory of Azerbaijan and Armenia`s capitulation. During this period, almost 300 villages, 5 cities, 4 towns, numeral strategic heights were liberated. The enemy`s military equipment was totally devastated, and its manpower was damaged severely
Only 44 days of the ongoing battle towards "The Patriotic War” not only led to the liberation of our occupied territories but also, ended the invasion process and brought us to the conflict`s solution which continued almost 30 years.
Azerbaijan`s marvelous victory on the battlefield and its peacekeeping enforcement forced Armenia`s military-political administration to surrender. As a logical consequence, Armenia`s Prime Minister was forced to sign the November 10 statement. This statement was a triumph for Azerbaijan, while it was a capitulation or in other words, acts of surrender for Armenia.
A trilateral Declaration signed by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia, and the President of the Russian Federation on November 10, 2020, announced a ceasefire between sides.
A full ceasefire and cessation of military operations in the conflict of Nagorno-Karabakh region from 00:00 Moscow time on November 10, 2020, is declared.
According to the Statement:
We, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan I. H. Aliyev, Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia N. V. Pashinyan, and President of the Russian Federation V. V. Putin declare the following:
1. A complete ceasefire and a cessation of all hostilities in the zone of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict shall be introduced at 00:00 hours Moscow time on 10 November 2020. The Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of Armenia, hereinafter referred to as the Parties, shall stop at their current positions.
2. Aghdam district shall be returned to the Republic of Azerbaijan by 20 November 2020.
3. Along the contact line in Nagorno-Karabakh and along the Lachin corridor, a peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation shall be deployed in the amount of 1,960 military personnel with small arms, 90 armored personnel carriers, and 380 units of the automobile and special equipment.
4. The peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation shall be deployed in parallel with the withdrawal of the Armenian armed forces. The period of stay of the peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation is 5 years and shall be automatically extended by a further five-year period if none of the Parties declares six months prior to the expiration of the period of its intention to terminate the application of this provision.
5. In order to increase the effectiveness of control over the implementation of the agreements by the Parties to the conflict, a peacekeeping center shall be deployed to exercise control over the ceasefire.
6. The Republic of Armenia shall return Kalbajar district to the Republic of Azerbaijan by 15 November 2020 and Lachin district by 1 December 2020. The Lachin corridor (5km wide), which shall provide a connection of Nagorno-Karabakh with Armenia and shall not affect the city of Shusha, shall remain under the control of the Russian Federation’s peacekeeping contingent.
By agreement of the Parties, a plan for the construction of a new route along the Lachin corridor shall be determined in the next three years, providing communication between Nagorno-Karabakh and Armenia, with the subsequent redeployment of the Russian peacekeeping contingent to protect this route.
The Republic of Azerbaijan shall guarantee the safety of citizens, vehicles, and goods traveling along the Lachin corridor in both directions.
7. Internally displaced persons and refugees shall return to the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh and adjacent districts under the control of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
8. The exchange of prisoners of war and other detainees and bodies of the dead shall be carried out.
9. All economic and transport links in the region shall be restored. The Republic of Armenia guarantees the safety of transport links between the western regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in order to organize an unimpeded movement of citizens, vehicles, and goods in both directions. Control over transport shall be exercised by the bodies of the Border Guard Service of the Federal Security Service (FSB) of Russia.
By agreement of the Parties, the construction of new transport communications linking the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic with the western regions of Azerbaijan shall be ensured.
Thereby, the enemy`s myth of an "invincible army" which was created over the years, failed in front of the whole world only within 44 days. Armenia`s army was devastated and the "İron Fist" operation ended with the glorious victory of Azerbaijan.